Saturday, February 9, 2008

Homes International / Homes Dubai - Possible Fraud/Scam/Exploitation

I believe I am being frauded and scammed by Homes International FZE formally known as HomesDubai: http://www.homesdubai.com/. They are my property management company and are refusing to pay rental money owed to me from my tenant. I feel very compelled to get the word out on a company I believe to be acting very fraudulant, misleading, deceitful, dishonest, and possibly criminal in their actions. BEWARE!

Homes International FZE has a real nice website and they appear to be a very legit company. My experience with them has been nothing but a disaster . I live in America and purchased a Apartment/Condo from Homes International in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I believe they figure there is not much foreigners can do so just drag their feet and end up keeping all your money! Homes International FZE is based out of Manchester England. They market themselves as a one-stop all service company who offer properties in many countries as well as Property Management Services.

My process has been a two year disaster that is on-going. In December 2006 they indicated they were in a position within the next thirty days to find a tenant for our property and provide me with a full years rent. Ten months later they found a tenant. The tenant has been responsible and provided them with three post dated checks for the years rent. I have yet to receive one dime. As I have presured them for our rental monies they have been sarcastic, condesending, and have waisted my time with constant run around.

They are now claiming to have wired my first quarter rental funds on 1-14-07. The wire was never received by my bank. However my bank has assured me it is easy to request a Foreign Wire Trace once the name of the sending bank is known. Well guess what, Homes International, has not responded to my repeat written requests for the name and contact information of the bank they allged to have sent the wire from. Its been nothing but non - stop run around. They reply to my questions with statements such "I don't know, I will find out, we are doing what we can...." but nothing is EVER accomplished.

Hundreds of e-mails and phone calls and the end result is always the same: They have been slow to respond but demanding my actions be timely in sending money and signing documents. I was very excited when this process began and have been extremely responsible in meeting all timeframes as requested but Homes International have not been so responsible or, as it would appear, ethical. They have been full of excuses when it comes time for them to perform.

I have made legal inquiries and intending to make police reports both in the UK and Dubai. I will do everything I can to not only get our money but to share my experience with Homes International to the world! My contract with them is over in October of 2008 and I can not wait to be done with them and move on. PLEASE BEWARE. If you have been receiving the same treatment from them please send me an email so I can post your experience on my blog.

No comments: